Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Best Friends Wedding Rip-off : Review of Made Of Honour



“Made of Honour ” is yet another English which follows “the formula” of romantic comedies….. tragically it does it ‘head to toe’…. Borrowing its plot generously from “My Best Friends Wedding” it makes a very amateurish version of it …. There is nothing new about the movie(except a few Turkish wedding jokes….) You can absolutely predict literally every scene,one after the other ….. the actors fail to make an impression with their dumb monotonous effort especially the lead actor (Patrick Dempsey) I mean how can anyone have the same mind numbing expression throughout the movie ,doesn’t he get bored?

To talk about the story hmmm….. its My Best Friends wedding to say the least… but the problem is that the lead fails to bring in the charm and spark of Cameron Diaz and Julia Roberts …. The story is of a Casanova (Patrick Dempsey) who all of a sudden realizes the need of a serious relationship in his life, who better than his best pal (Michelle Monaghan) but then comes the world’s most predictive twist she is engaged to some Turk….. what next? Everyone knows ……. My greatest problem is that why make a movie about a story that even my six year old niece can predict? Waste of money and time…….

Skip it ……watch ‘My Best friend’s Wedding’ again instead……

Rating:1/5

No comments:

FaceDouble